(AOF) – Key points
– World leader in environmental services, born in 1853;
– Activity of € 26 billion, split between water management for 42%, waste management for 37% and energy services;
– Steady rise in international activity: 17% in France, 35% in the rest of Europe, 18% in the rest of the world and the rest in “Global business” – service activities for large companies ;
– Business model based on the complementarity of the 3 business lines of the group in a logic of use and promotion through the circular economy: obtaining major contracts, unification of activities under the Veolia brand and pooling of support functions, financing of projects in the form of “asset co / op co”, limiting the share of capital employed to 10% for Veolia;
– Open capital not “operable” (6.07% of the capital and 10.16% of the voting rights for Caisse des Dépôts and 4.06 and 5.62% for the employees), the board of directors of 12 members being chaired by the managing director Antoine Frérot;
– Solid balance sheet, reinforced in October 2021 by the capital increase of € 2.5 billion intended to finance the acquisition of Suez expected for the 1st quarter of 2022.
– Innovation strategy based on 3 pillars: coordination by the VERI R&D center organized in 5 departments – biosystems, environment & health, process engineering, digital innovation and industrial support / open innovation Via Veolia focused on innovative responses to needs precise / global information sharing network with 200 researchers and 200 partnerships and “Open Playground of co-construction of ecological solutions;
– Environmental strategy 2020-2023: reduction of CO2 emissions by eliminating coal-fired power stations in Europe by 2030 / GreenPath, internal platform for assessing the environmental footprints of solutions / waste recovery and plastic recycling / water treatment and sites with “zero” phytosanitary products / increase in the efficiency of drinking water networks;
– Effects of diversification in the dismantling of nuclear power plants, waste treatment, in the United States and Russia and integration of the Indian water distributor Nagpur.
– Execution of the merger with Suez which will make the group the world leader in energy transition with € 37 billion in turnover;
– Result of the investigation launched by the Financial Prosecutor’s Office on the merger with Suez;
– Profitability disparities between branches, water being the best marginalized (3/4 of operating profit) and between geographic areas, the rest of the world being the most profitable, ahead of Europe excluding France;
– At the end of September 2021, a 9.4% increase in billings and net profit quintupled thanks to commercial successes, cost savings – ahead of the target of € 350 million, and debt reduction.
Receive our latest news
Every morning, the information to remember about financial markets.