(AOF) – = / Key points / =
– European number 1 in leisure vehicles, with 1/3 of the market, created in 1935;
– Revenue of € 2.18 billion, generated in caravans, motor homes and mobile homes for 91.5% as well as in leisure equipment – camping and garden equipment, trailers;
– Mainly European presence: 28% of sales in France, 20% in Germany, 15% in the United Kingdom, 9% in Scandinavia, 7% in Benelux and the same in Italy and Spain;
– So-called “multi-local” growth strategy based on the acquisition of small companies, most of the time less profitable than Trigano, and whose twenty-five brands are retained, resulting in market shares of over 40% in Many countries ;
– Capital held at 57.9% (71.6% of the voting rights) by the Feuillet family, Stéphane Gigou chairing the management board, the 5-member supervisory board being chaired by Alice Cavalier Feuillet;
– Healthy balance sheet, with net cash of € 278m and € 1bn in equity in the 1st half.
= / Challenges / =
– Strategy based on 2 pillars: the increase in production capacities and their productivity, then the networking of distribution networks;
– Environmental strategy focused on reducing water and energy consumption, and on the recovery and recycling of non-hazardous waste;
– Launch of new factories of vans and converted vans in Italy and Spain and of the Benimar brand in Germany;
– Capacity to withstand competition increased by the arrival in Europe of the American Thor;
– Promising economic model, the motorhome being a health advantage – avoiding collective means of catering, accommodation and transport.
= / Challenges / =
– Recurring difficulties in the United Kingdom (point of sale closures);
– Towards a production deficit of 1,500 vehicles in the 4th quarter due to the pressures on the supply of components;
– Impact of the pandemic: 18% increase in sales in the first half of the year and strong increase in operating margin;
– Awaiting external growth operations;
– Lack of quantified targets for the 2020-21 fiscal year ended August 31.
Receive our latest news
Every morning, the information to remember about financial markets.