(AOF) – Key points
– Bank founded in 1864, one of the leading European financial services groups;
– Net banking income of € 24.67 billion generated by retail banking in France – Societe Generale and Boursorama brands, international retail banking, financial services and insurance, followed by retail banking and investor solutions ;
– Business model claiming the vanguard of positive transformations: a 100% digitalized bank, open platforms and architectures, a winner in the race for European leadership;
– Capital characterized by the presence of employee shareholders (6.17% and 10.9% of the voting rights), with a board of directors of 12 members chaired by Lorenzo Bini Smaghi, Frédéric Oudéa being CEO;
– Solid balance sheet with € 69 billion in equity and a CET 1 ratio of 13.4% at the end of September 2021.
– Vision 2025 strategy, based on the merger with Crédit du Nord, local roots, responsiveness, adaptation to customer needs and responsibility;
– Innovation strategy anchored in the group’s DNA, articulated between the integration of artificial intelligence and data in all branches, open innovation to transform business models by branch and offer services with external partners and, finally, anticipation in terms of agility and speed: internal innovation grouped together on the Les Dunes site / open innovation – aid to financial start-ups and incubators;
– Environmental strategy aiming to become world No. 1 in sustainable finance via the new dedicated CSR department: target of € 120 billion in financing the energy transition in 2023 by stopping, since 2017, funding dedicated to coal-fired power stations or associated infrastructures and through innovation in “green” loan products / environmental and social analysis of financed companies and advice to mid-sized companies in financing the energy transition / strengthening of SRI savings offers / 2 priorities: climate change and support for sustainable development in Africa / 10% decrease in exposure to the oil / gas extraction sector by 2025;
– Execution of the profitable growth strategy for the Large Customers division targeting profitability above 10% by 2023.
Receive our latest news
Every morning, the information to remember about financial markets.